Fuel Tank and filler

 Emily Carr had an original steel tank that was successfully contained fuel for years, until she attempted suicide in 2002 and dumped it in my driveway.  The steel tank still appears to be usable, however I will be upgrading to a shiny new alloy tank.     



In my parts bin were two fuel filler necks and two very tired caps, plus some spare senders that do not appear to compatible with the new alloy tank's location.

I had originally cut open the floor below the passengers seat,  thinking I would install a second tank, however my hope is that with the improved fuel economy of the 4AGE, I will have adequate range with single tank.  I expect it will not exceed my own diminishing range.

I will need to devise some covers for the underside of the car. 

I will need to source the rubber bushing plus a new fuel fill cap.  The "LeMans" style seems like the most fitting fitting.

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/fuel-system/fuel-caps-and-fuel-filler-hose


Comments

Popular Posts